It’s a Very Very Very Merry Christmas
It is a Merry Christmas in Kuwait 2016! So yesterday’s treat was certainly aimed at our younger readers. Not sure how many of them there are out there but, we’ll take what we can get. Anyways, today we’re going to class up the joint with a Christmas cocktail! Being from the south I have enjoyed a mint julep or two over the years. When I ran across the recipe for Christmas Cranberry Juleps I knew I’d found something good. From the good folks over at Goodhousekeeping.com straight to a kitchen counter near you – I give your the Christmas in Kuwait 2016 Cocktail. You can find a much more ‘recipe card’ version of this here. Merry Christmas Y’all!
Christmas in Kuwait 2016 – Day 8
Christmas Cranberry Juleps – simple syrup infused with cranberry and orange peel gives this classic Southern cocktail a seasonal twist. To make yourself and seven of your booziest friends a julep just follow the steps below.
- 1 c. water
- ¾ c. sugar
- 2 strip fresh orange peel
- 1 c. fresh cranberries
- 1 c. Kentucky bourbon
- 8 sprig fresh mint
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat water, sugar, and orange peel to boiling on high.
- Add cranberries and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until cranberries pop and split but still hold their shape.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate until cold. (Syrup and cranberries can be refrigerated up to one week.)
- When ready to serve, strain cranberry syrup through sieve set over 1-quart liquid measure; discard solids.
- Spear 3 raw cranberries on each of 8 toothpicks.
- Stir bourbon into syrup.
- Fill 8 glasses with crushed ice.
- Divide bourbon mixture among glasses.
- Garnish with cranberry spears and mint.